Friday, June 17, 2011

Futhark Rune Bracelet

I had made some rune tiles the other day, when I thought, "Wouldn't it be cool to have a rune bracelet?"
I wanted to make it look like bone, but I think it looks more like wood. I mixed white, brown, translucent, and a little orange.
I rolled out 1/2 in snakes and cut inch long logs. I made them into squares and carved the runes into the clay.

I used a sewing needle and poked holes in the top and bottom of the clay, then I baked them.
After that, I used silvery blue embroidery thread to connect the  tiles. I had to remove Thurisaz and Hagalaz, because they made the bracelet too big for my wrist.
I added three bind runes for mind power, academic brilliance, and returning ill will to the originator.
I was hoping that the bracelet will be a conversation piece for when I go to school this fall; as well as a protective amulet.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks, it is actually kind of hard to see on my skin; so I'm thinking about making a purple or blue one.

    ReplyDelete